Dear Leckie Families,
We are excited to welcome back your student as we kick off 2022. On Wednesday, DCPS announced that all students will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before returning to school on Thursday, January 6.
Here are the four steps every family must take to start the 2022 school year strong on January 5:
- Pick up a COVID-19 rapid antigen test. These tests will be available at every DCPS school on Tuesday, January 4 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., or Wednesday, January 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are also available at Test Yourself Express pickup sites around the city at coronavirus.dc.gov/testing.
- ECE - 1st grade: Main entrance
- 2nd - 4th grade: Chesapeake entrance (Door 1)
- 5th - 8th grade: Chesapeake entrance (Door 2)
- On Wednesday, January 5, take the easy-to-use, at-home test by following the instructions provided in your kit. Students must have tested within 24 hours of their planned return to school. Families may choose to utilize their own antigen or PCR testing option, but tests administered before January 4 will not be accepted.
- Upload your test results. Provide proof of your COVID-19 negative test result to dcps.dc.gov/safereturn by Wednesday, January 5 at 4:00 p.m.
- Continue to monitor your student for any symptoms of COVID-19. If they are showing any symptoms, students should stay home. Should a student be unvaccinated and identified as a close contact to an individual who tested positive for COVID-19, they should also stay home regardless of their test result.
If your student tests positive, please call the main office at (202) 645-3330 and email firstname.lastname@example.org that their absence can be noted accordingly. Please follow all quarantine guidance from DC Health and your medical professionals, and report your test results from any over the counter test to www.coronavirus.dc.gov/overthecounter.
Each test kit includes two COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests. Families are encouraged to administer the second test 36 hours after the first test. Only one negative test result is required to return to school on Thursday, January 6.
If you have any questions, please visit dcpsreopenstrong.com or call the school office at (202) 645-3330.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility as we work together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Niyeka Wilson Principal, Leckie EC