"Music can change the world because it can change people."
The Leckie music department is designed to foster lifelong appreciation of music through active music making. The sequenced music instruction will help students develop musical skills and understanding, using music of various styles from the United States and around the world. In addition to developing specific musical skills, student’s studies in other areas will be enhanced by instruction that links concepts across the curriculum.
- have opportunities to participate in theme-based music making.
- be involved in classroom and/or school-wide performances.
- attend local concerts to help foster appropriate audience behavior.
- participate in the MIE keyboard technology system.
- have vocal/choral, & instrumental experiences through the Leckie Chorus, Bell Choir, Flute Choir & Percussion Ensemble.